Sunday, March 25, 2012

Look what arrived in the mail

Last week I finally received my order from Warlord games.  After picking up the Hail Caesar rulebook, and looking through it, I decided that I was going to take the plunge and pick up a Roman army.  My wife ordered this for me for Valentines day.




I'll do a full review on these, once I start getting them put together.  That should be this week as I'm taking it off of work.  The quality of the casts, as well as the markers, looks great.  I had not intended to open the boxes until I was ready to start assembly but, really, that was just stupidly optimistic of me.  Of course I had to open them up and look at them.  I'm very, very pleased with what I found.  These look like top quality models that should be easy to assemble.

 I do have one complaint to make right now though.  When my wife placed the order we received an email confirming their receipt of it.  Two weeks later we got another email telling us that the order was ready to ship.  I'm happy to accept that they needed to cast something or burn something with a laser or stick something in a box, or something.  Two weeks with no communication was actually fairly disappointing.  There are a lot of companies out there that do a lot better than this.  I didn't pay for fast delivery from the UK, so no complaints that it took two weeks to get here.  It's just the two weeks, following the order, with no idea what was going on, that bothered me.

Phew!  I feel better.  I needed to get that off of my chest.  I'm really looking forward to getting started on these. 

2 comments:

  1. Not going to lie... that picture excited me more than your Elves ;)

    I really love Romans, and I really love Historicals (aspiring history major). The only thing I have to say is... welcome to the world of Historicals in reference to time it takes to get product, and the awesome (sarcasm) communication skills that most of these companies have.

    When you get these done, I really want to play a game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing them up on round bases so they can be used with LotR rules, then transition into Hail Caesar once I have enough of them. Jonathan has ordered Carthaginians. We'll have to have a historicals day at my house once we have stuff ready.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...