Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Commission work - Necrons

I do some sub-contracting from time to time.  One of the guys down at the shop has a painting service.  He has tried everything to stay ahead, raising prices, refusing requests, he's still booked to the eyes.  When he gets behind he throws assembly work my way.

The whole army. 

I won't bore you with too many details.  I was pleased that there was no finecast in this lot.  I learned to hate it with the Chaos army I did last year for him.  This army was all plastic and almost all vehicles.

There are people who don't like GW.  I count myself in that group.  Their business practices have completely alienated me.  They do still make some great models though.  Clean up was a pain, as always but these were just fun to assemble and they look great.

These guys have great detail and look great.
The army has nine of these.  I don't think the owner will be fun to play against.
These are fantastic models.  I think they were the most fun to assemble of any model I've ever done.
Two command barges.  The imagery here is just stunning.
The fighters.  I love the fact that there is no canopy.  Why would a robot need a canopy?
I only assembled six of these.  There are seven in the army.
I have another Necron army sitting here beside me.  This one is more traditional.  Lots of infantry.  I'll see how I feel after I assemble the second batch but right now I'm thinking that these are great battle droids for 28mm Sci/Fi.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...