Friday, January 27, 2017

Entry 7 - 7th Challenge - Eowyn, Maid of Rohan

This first entry is going to be solo because I don't think this princess deserves to be lumped in with the riff-raff that will be following.



This is a Games Workshop miniature from the Lord of the Rings line. She's really a fantastic sculpt. I don't know why it took me so long to get to her. I finished her mounted version back in 2009 or 2010.


In this picture she is next to an Uruk-Hai captain, who will, no doubt, soon fall to her blade. After which he'll show up in the next post.


The detail on her is perfect. The artists really captured the face of the model. Sadly she is washed out so you can see the brilliant blending I used to capture her ennui as she heads into what she believes will be her last battle.


In all seriousness, I did spend a lot of time on the face. It saddens me that my poor photography skills are covering up for my poor blending skills.


I really like the green of these capes. It screams "Rohan" to me. This model will see action this evening, but not as the lady Eowyn. She will, instead be standing in for the Cleric Sybil during tonight's D&D game. Still, I expect her to draw first blood. RPGs are more forgiving of newly-painted model syndrome that miniature games are.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...